Using mysql to generate map

cool frenz coolfrenz85 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Sep 7 14:30:28 EDT 2007

Hi,
I am using mysql db and php as mapscript on windows. In mysql db i have got coordinates of the points thst i need to show on the map. I dont have any base map (on which i can add point). What i mean to say is that i have just point coordinates and nothing else( Except the extent and projections). Now i want to read those points from the database and display them on map and attaching some information with those individual points (like labels and link to open pop up) Please let me know how it can be done.
I tried searching for some documentation regarding using mysql as db but couldnt find relevant document. If you have found one please let me know the address.

Thanks and Regards,
Piyush