Problem with long DATA object in an Oracle LAYER

Damien Corpataux damien.corpataux at CAMPTOCAMP.COM
Tue Sep 11 04:34:30 EDT 2007

Andreas Albarello wrote:
> Damien Corpataux wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I ran into memory corrption with a long sql query in the DATA object,
>> for an Oracle LAYER. It is obviously due to Mapserver memory
>> allocation mechanism. The corruption occurs when the DATA is longer
>> than ca. 2037 characters.
>>
>> Do you know if Mapserver has a way of modifying the possible
>> allocated memory limit? In header files? By applying a patch?
>>
>> Any idea is welcome!
>
> Damien,
>
> replace all occurrences of table_name[2000] with table_name[n] (where
> n is the maximum data statement length you would like to have) in
> maporaclespatial.c. That should fix it.
>
> Best regards,

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the Tip! It works! I suppose that the default limit (2000) is
a good compromise for memory_usage/use_cases_coverage, so let's patch
the source when a project needs it (and perhaps buy some more RAM for
the server :-))

Thanks a lot for the precious help, regards,
Damien

--
Camptocamp SA
Damien Corpataux