5.0: change in PIXMAP SIZE?

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 11 09:58:16 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I just spent half of my day finding out why an SLD with external graphics
did not work anymore with 5.0, something like:

<PointSymbolizer><Geometry><PropertyName>msGeometry</PropertyName></Geometry><Graphic><ExternalGraphic><OnlineResource
'.
      'xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="'.$this->externalgraphic.'"/><Format>GIF</Format>'.
      '</ExternalGraphic><Size>1.0</Size></Graphic></PointSymbolizer></Rule>

I used a PointSymbolizer with Size 1 and this results in something like:

      STYLE
        ANGLE 360
        COLOR 0 0 0
        SIZE 1
        SYMBOL "....."
      END

In Mapserver 4.10 this used to draw the symbol in its native size/dimension,
but in 5.0 this does not work anymore, i.e. I do not see anything in the
map.

If I change Size to 17 (the size in pixels of the image used), the SLD works
fine again.

Was this change intentional? Anyways, I guess this should be documented in
the migration guide :-) ?

Best regards,
Bart