strange problem with quadtree index

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 11 10:20:32 EDT 2007

On 9/4/07, Flavio Hendry <flavio at tydac.ch> wrote:
> Hi Bart
>
> Did you try to convert the whole to MapInfo TAB (should be as fast as it
> is the same indexing as the qix ...)?

I found Flavio's comment interesting that qix and MapInfo TAB used the
same type of index. Much of my data is in MapInfo format, and I have
always converted to shp for use in MapServer.

I did two quick tests and found that the shp/qix is still faster than
the MapInfo TAB. I assume this is due to additional overhead of the
OGR driver.

My tests were on a layer with ~13000 polygons. One test 'zoomed out',
showing most of the layer, the other test 'zoomed in' to just a few
polygons.

Rich

--
Richard Greenwood