Mapserver SDE 9.2 Question

Josh Hevenor Josh.Hevenor at DPRA.COM
Tue Sep 11 16:09:24 EDT 2007

My installation is working well. I really appreciate all your help :)

I had a quick question about symbolization for SDE layers. I made a sample map file based on my applications existing map file. I update a couple background layers to use our SDE services. Two of three of these layers work well and the third does not draw. This third layer (REGDIV) has a CLASSITEM set and a number of CLASSES defined. There is no error displayed, even with the -map_debug or -all_debug flags set. If I change the layer to use just one default class then the layer draws.

I tried updating my CLASSITEM to use a full path, for example DIVID became GIS.DBO.REGDIV.DIVID but I received the following error:

	C:\ms4w\apps\sdedemo>shp2img -m gp.map -o gp.png
	msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 	'REGDIV'. <br>
	msSDELayerInitItemInfo(): SDE error. A specified CLASSITEM, 	FILTERITEM, or expression key cannot be found <br>

My Layer looks like this

	LAYER
	    NAME 'REGDIV'
	    STATUS on
	    TYPE POLYGON
	    CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
	    PLUGIN "c:/ms4w/apache/specialplugins/msplugin_sde_92.dll"
	    CONNECTION "matata,port:5252,GIS,sa,sa"
	    PROCESSING 'CLOSE_CONNECTION=DEFER'

	    DATA "GIS.DBO.REGDIV,Shape,dbo.DEFAULT"

	    TOLERANCE 12