RSS feeds and Cartoweb client questions

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Tue Sep 11 19:07:36 EDT 2007

Glenn,

MapServer itself does not read in GeoRSS feeds yet, although I'm sure
there are mapscript and XSLT + OGR based solutions deployed out there.
I've written about one that uses a little bit of Python mapscript:

   http://zcologia.com/news/336/cartography-data-georss/

Speaking of feeds, there are a bunch of us experimenting with using the
Atom Publishing Protocol as a replacement for WFS-T. The nexus for this
discussion is

   http://groups.google.com/group/geo-web-rest

One live example is at

   http://labs.metacarta.com/atompub/app-demo.html

The displayed features are posted to FeatureServer using Atompub, not
WFS-T. Another live example of GIS + Atompub is at

   http://zcologia.com/hammock/places.html

(I almost wrote "Feeds FTW" here, but that seemed a bit silly.)

Cheers,
Sean