how do I scale a shapefile?

Donal donal_regan10 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Wed Sep 12 04:55:42 EDT 2007

Hello.

Is it possible to somehow scale a shapefile?

For example when I use ogrinfo to examine a shape file I see that it has an
extent of

Extent: (33791266.000000, 8769802.000000) - (34589323.000000,
9369802.000000)

with a

Layer SRS WKT: (unknown)

I have been told that they should be epsg:30161 but are out by a factor of
1000.

Is there some tool I can use that will scale the shapefile contents?

Or is there a way to tell mapserver to divide the extents and coordinates by
1000?

I hope this makes sense and is possible to achieve.

Thanks,

D.