notepad++ syntax highlighting

Andreas Albarello andreas.albarello at TERRITORIUMONLINE.COM
Mon Sep 24 10:59:22 EDT 2007

John Smith wrote:
> On 9/21/07, John Smith <jayzee.smith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> guys,
>> simple question has me stumped:
>> got notepad++ from http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/ and copied like so-
>> /plugins/APIs/mapfile.api
>> /userDefineLang.xml
>> but don't see map under Language. The User Define Dialog doesn't help either.
>>
>> btw 5 doesn't yet use xml for map file, right??
>> cheers, jzs

John,

works a charm here for me with Notepad++ 3.9.

You need to copy userDefineLang.xml to %APPDATA%\Notepad++, which on
your system is probably something to the effect of C:\Documents and
Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Notepad++.

It also helps to change the ext-attribute in line 2 of
userDefineLang.xml to ext="map", assuming you use .map as an extension
for your map files.

And no, MapServer 5 doesn't use XML for map files yet.

Best regards,
Andreas Albarello
Analysis & SW Development

Territorium Online srl/GmbH
Via Buozzi/Buozzistraße 12 - I 39100 Bolzano/Bozen
email: andreas.albarello at territoriumonline.com
web:   www.territoriumonline.com