Rasters, TileIndex and Shapefiles - Oh My! Really Confused

Christopher Harris docterrobert at MSN.COM
Wed Sep 26 13:01:40 EDT 2007

Hi.  I have a map that is broken up into a bunch of .gif tiles.  I want to display them on a layer in Mapserver.  I have working version of what I want to accomplish, but it uses one .gif (the big map pic), attaches the big map to the globe via a world file.  That big map .gif had no georeferencing info attached to it.

These .gifs have no georeferencing information included or attached as well.

I read Section 4 (and Section 9 too) on the mapserver site page: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/raster_data