Any help appreciated!! - Fwd: 5.0 - use of qstring_validation_pattern for attribute queries

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 28 06:54:44 EDT 2007

Hi All

I sent this out earliler in the week - has anyone used a 'qstring' in
MapServer 5.0 where the pattern should be able to match any string?  I can't
seem to get it to work even though I get messages back such as Failed to
parse expression: Mendip = Mendip msyyparse(): Expression parser error.
parse error msEvalExpression: Expression parser error.

Would there be any examples in the test cases / data etc?

Any help appreciated!!
Cheers
Mike

Hi All

I was wondering whether anyone has an example of the METADATA key for
qstring_validation_pattern that is required for v5.0 layers that are to be
attribute queried?

I would like to be able to accept any string (as through my app you can't
inject the values)

I've tried the following qstring_validation_pattern /^[0-9]*$/ and
qstring_validation_pattern '.' but neither seem to match (the first throws a
symbol definition error):

LAYER
        NAME Ward
        TYPE POLYGON
        STATUS OFF
        CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
        CONNECTION "Overlays\CouncilDemocracy\Ward_Boundaries_2004.TAB"
        TOLERANCEUNITS METERS
        METADATA
            qstring_validation_pattern '.'
        END