[mapserver-users] Unable to access Grid Object (GridObject) via C#MapScript interface (related to bug 1980)

brian.hulbert at linquest.com brian.hulbert at linquest.com
Tue Apr 1 18:40:35 EDT 2008

-------------- next part --------------
I have a MAP file that contains a layer for displaying graticule (see
below).  However, after the first refresh, the labelformat for my grid
object is lost.  This was noted in bug 1980
<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/1980> .  I cannot find a workaround
for this bug by traversing the layer->class object hierarchy and trying to
set a labelformat for the GridObject.

Can the label format be reset via the mapscript_csharp dll interface?  If
not, is drawing the graticule lines better accomplished via a shape file?
Even if I need to do both a equirectangular and orthographic projections?

Ref: I am using MapScript 5.0.2 and calling it from C# using MS VS 2005

LAYER

   NAME "grid"

   METADATA

     "DESCRIPTION" "Grid"

   END

   TYPE LINE

   STATUS ON

   PROJECTION

      'proj=longlat'

      'ellps=WGS84'

      'datum=WGS84'

      'no_defs'

   END

   CLASS

     NAME "Graticule"

     COLOR 192 192 192

     LABEL

       COLOR  255 255 0

       FONT arial

       TYPE truetype

       SIZE 8

       POSITION AUTO #ur

       PARTIALS FALSE

       BUFFER 5

     END

  END

  GRID

    LABELFORMAT "%g°"  # dec degrees with symbol

    MAXARCS 10

    MAXINTERVAL 10

    MAXSUBDIVIDE 64

  END