[mapserver-users] 500 Internal server error

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 08:11:35 EDT 2008

On 11/2/07, Ignacio J. Moratiel <imoratiel at tecnosylva.com> wrote:

>  Apache error log :
>
>  [Tue Apr 01 14:12:30 2008] [error] [client 80.59.*.*]
> /srv/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: symbol lookup error: /srv/www/cgi-bin/mapserv:
> undefined symbol: gdImageJpegCtx, referer:
> http://www.dipuleon.es/atica/portada_turcia.html
>  [Tue Apr 01 14:12:30 2008] [error] [client 80.59.*.*] Premature end of
> script headers: mapserv, referer:
> http://www.dipuleon.es/atica/portada_turcia.html
>
>  I tried PNG, it works fine, but JPEG returns 500 error

there you go. You solved it yourself (with a little nudge from me and
a big nudge from your error log).

If you insist on using Jpeg, recompile the program correctly (it seems
that your mapserv does claim that it supports jpeg, but I don't know
what is going on there), else use PNGs or GIFs. Should keep you busy
for a while.

Good luck.