[mapserver-users] Mapserver & PHP scripting

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Sat Apr 5 04:23:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

Quick question, I'd like to add some php functionality to a simple CGI
mapserver application with an html template file.

I'd much prefer not to rewrite it in mapscript, everything else works perfectly
& the PHP I want to use is not for the mapping side of things, but to provide
database driven pick lists & data extract tables etc.

The mapserver CGI output recieved by a browser, & viewed with "view source",
includes the PHP code in the html template, but it is not parsed as php.

So my question is, is there a way to have the html output generated by CGI
mapserver passed through php & properly invoked? Presumeably by apache prior to
sending it on to the client.

Thanks,

   Brent Wood