[MAPSERVER-USERS] how mapserver handles different datum projections

DNC dncarreira at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 16:26:48 EDT 2008

Hi all.

Can anyone clarify how mapserver handles different datum in the map
projection and in the layers projection when serving a wms service?
Does MS apply datum transformations? If not, can it be done somehow without
converting the layers?

In my case I'm working with vector data, and have defined a map projection
using "init=epsg:code" syntax. Then at the layer level I use the same syntax
to declare the projection the data is in.
And finally I want my WMS service to be published in 3 different datum and
for that I advertise several epsg codes in the "wms_srs" metadata entry.

I'm noticing a shift in images produced by MS that indicate a datum shift is
not being applied. What can be done?

Thanks,
Duarte