[mapserver-users] Coding/Charset problem in mapfile definition

Emilio Ponce yosoycore at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 11:46:20 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have a coding problem rendering a label with my mapfile (it extracts the
information from a PostGIS database coded as UTF-8). The text is in catalan
so has special characters as: ó à ü ç ...

I asked here and some users gave me very useful information, and now this is
the situation:

I've set ENCODING "UTF-8" in my label definition, and "options='-c
client_encoding=LATIN1'" in my CONNECTION object. Now most coding issues are
solved, but not the 'à' -open accent-, that's wrong.

Does anyone know what can I do?

Thanks a lot!

--
Emilio