[mapserver-users] PostGIS data in EPSG:31300 using for Google Maps overlay

Steven De Vriendt gisaalter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 08:22:08 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I have some data in PostGIS I wish to overlay in Google Maps using WMS
I'm using the same data in a mapserver application, where EPSG code
31300 is used.
Now for overlay in Google Maps, 4326 is required.
I have made a copy of my map-file and specified 4326 as projection
system.Yet, non of my data is showing up.

Do I need to reproject my data for this use ? I thought PostGIS was
capable of doing reprojection on the fly ?

Can someone with some more experience help me out ?

Thanks
Steven