[MAPSERVER-USERS] SLD ignored / External Graphic ignored

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Apr 9 13:59:39 EDT 2008

Sicky wrote:
> Thanks for you quick reply and testing it :-)
>
> 1st: Ok, now I know that the SLD is working, but why not here?

  Barend comments could maybe explain you problem? If all is as
expected, as I said I am willing to give it a try provided a test sample.

> 2nd: Really? SVG isn't supported by MapServer? Then the use of it would be
> quite senseless for me. Or will MapServer render lines/outlines of polygones
> with PNGs or GIFs nicely? Because GeoServer doesn't (lots of gaps in the
> lines etc.)!

  SVG symbols are not supported (SVG as an output format is).  I have
not seen GeoServer rendering for this particular case so I can not
compare. I guess you need to try it locally and see for yourself if it
is acceptable.

> Cheers and thanks again,
> Christian.

Assefa Yewondwossen