[mapserver-users] php/mapscript and OWS

ROBERT HOLLINGSWORTH reh2 at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 10 14:19:04 EDT 2008

I tried your sequence on my mapfile and it worked.  My original code was missing this  at the bottom:

ms_iogetStdoutBufferBytes();

I'd been experimenting with  header(...) and ms_ioresethandlers()  but not necessarily at the same time, and without the "Bytes" func.  I need to go back and read the descriptions of these  ms_io funcs.

many thanks,
Robert

Yewondwossen Assefa <yassefa at dmsolutions.ca> wrote: Robert,

  what does you php script looks like?  Quick test I did with a png
output and works looks like this:

  request :
http://localhost/msapps/wxs/test.php?SERVICE=WMS&VeRsIoN=1.1.1&Request=GetMap&LAYERS=WorldGen_Outline&FORMAT=png&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=300&SRS=EPSG:4326&FORMAT=png&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=300&STYLES=&BBOX=-180.0,-90.0,180.0,90.0&SLD=http://localhost/msapps/world_testdata/tests/sld_tests/sld_line_multi_filter.xml

test.php

dl("php_mapscript.dll");

$request = ms_newowsrequestobj();

$request->loadparams();

ms_ioinstallstdouttobuffer();

$oMap = ms_newMapobj("f:/msapps/world_testdata/map/world_testdata.map");

$oMap->owsdispatch($request);

$contenttype = ms_iostripstdoutbuffercontenttype();

//if ($contenttype == 'image/png')
    header('Content-type: image/png');

ms_iogetStdoutBufferBytes();

ms_ioresethandlers();

?>

Best Regards

ROBERT HOLLINGSWORTH wrote:
> Hello,
> I've loaded latest MS4W 2.x (therefore PHP 5.x)
>  and am trying to verify Mapscript's
> OwsRequestObj and $mapobj->owsdispatch()
> on a fairly ordinary shp-based mapfile
> that works well where mapserv.exe is
> the WMS server.
>
> The requestobj seems healthy and
> owsdispatch seems successful on WMS
> GetCapabilities.  On a GetMap,
> owsdispatch is returning MS_SUCCESS,
> but all the image output formats are
> coming thru damaged or truncated in
> some way.  When running GetMap
> in a browser, there are corruption
> messages for PNG and GIF,
> while JPG displays as a very "disturbed"
> image that gdalinfo indicates is currupted.
>
> The docs suggest that owsdispatch() should
> be able to dump the image to the client without
> further manipulation, so I don't know what I
> might be missing.
>
> Or if my environment is somehow tainted from
> older MS4Ws (on PHP 4).  I uninstalled the old
> apache that I was using and installed the new
> MS4W in c:\ to be as generic as possible.
>
> Any ideas out there?
>
> thanks,
> Robert H.

Assefa Yewondwossen