[mapserver-users] Tileindex and drawing order of tiles

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Apr 10 15:48:31 EDT 2008

Jukka

if you have a column you can use for sorting you could rewrite the
shapefile using the sortshp tool provided with mapserver. The problem
might be how to add this field if you create the shapefile with
gdaltindex. One could use a Perl/PHP/Python script to update a sort
column in the shape dbf based on an information in another file (dbase,
txt) or database.

Or if you anyway use Postgis you could put the tileindex in a Postgis
table and define the DATA tag in the map file with an ORDER BY at the
end. Also here you'd need to find a way to set the sort order in a column.

Armin