[mapserver-users] Reg: 3D Mapping Capability for Mapserver

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Fri Apr 11 13:35:54 EDT 2008

--- venkat <ven.tammineni at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>   I am Venkat,I want to a stand alone application for 3D analysis.I am using
> C#.net.is Mapserver having 3D mapping capability?or  is there  any other
> open source software is available.Please let me know . I am waiting for your
> great response.It is very urgent.

Hi Venkat,

Some open source options to look at:

GMT (Generic Mapping Tools) can generate & plot surfaces in 3D very
effectively, but is not strictly a 3D analysis tool.

OpenDX is a very powerful multidimensional visualisation tool, but not really
for analysis.

R can do all sorts of multidimensional modelling/statistics.

http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu
http://www.opendx.org
http://www.r-project.org

HTH,