[mapserver-users] Mapserver and Microsoft SQL Server 2008

Chris King whereismyshuttle at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:47:09 EDT 2008

Hi

I manually imported my data from postgre into SQL 2008 and the map displays
fine. I am now executing a the layer.queryByPoint () command followed by the
layer.getResults() command at which point the program fails and gives the
following error:

msMSSQL2008LayerGetItems(): Query error. msMSSQL2008LayerGetItems: tried to
find the geometry column in the results from the database, but couldnt find
it.  Is it miss-capitialized? 'the_geom'

I know when you create the tables in the postgre database you explicitly add
the geometry column after the table creation

ie: SELECT AddGeometryColumn('','ct_main_points','the_geom','-1','POINT',2);

when I tried this in SQL 2008 the function was not recognized and I cannot
find the SQL equivalent function. So I simply added the geometry column when
I created the table, now I have a feeling that is what is causing this
error.

If anyone has seen this error or knows of the AddGeometryColumn SQL 2008
equivalent function, please could you let me know.

Thanks
Chris