[mapserver-users] MapServer v. 4.10.0 featureid problem

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Apr 17 23:54:42 EDT 2008

Hi Guys,

I'm no expert on WFS, but I do know ArcGIS.
The FID field is not really an attribute. It is more like an internal
ESRI unique row ID (which gets updated after edits to be sequential). If
you open up the attributes in another application (if you use
shapefiles, open up the DBF in OpenOffice Calc or Excel), then you will
find there is no FID field. Within ArcGIS, however, the FID field is
presented as if it were a normal attribute.

Hope this helps,

Jacob