[mapserver-users] iconv problem with templates

Eichner, Andreas - SID-NLK Andreas.Eichner at sid.sachsen.de
Fri Apr 18 02:44:50 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with HTML templates for a GetFeatureInfo request.
Since the whole server is set up to use UTF-8 I also set wms_encoding to
UTF-8 and everything is fine - until I issue a GetFeatureInfo request.
The label data in the shape files uses ISO-8859-1. Now the server sends
a HTML with charset set to UTF-8 which is fine but the attribute data is
still ISO-8859-1 :(
Now I don't know where to start. Iconv support is built in but I
wondered if MapServer really translates the attributes before labeling.
And if it does it also should translate the attributes before inserting
them in the template, shouldn't it?

Any ideas how to handles this issue? As a workaround I can iconv the map
files back to ISO-8859-1 and ommit the wms_encoding directive, but this
would surely lead to unexpected behaviour some day...

Thanks!