[MAPSERVER-USERS] Multiple GetFeatureInfo on Raster Data

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 18 08:31:02 EDT 2008

Matthew Doyle wrote:
> Hi MapServer users,
>
> We are trying to do a GetFeatureInfo request which will query multiple
> layers. These are both WMS Raster data layers, namely 'rain_jan' and
> 'rain_jun'. We are constructing the URL as follows:
>
> http://www...../latest?&SERVICE=wms&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=getfeatureinfo&LAYERS=rain_jan,rain_jun&QUERY_LAYERS=rain_jun,rain_jan&x=200&y=150&INFO_FORMAT=text/plain&srs=EPSG:4283&BBOX=120,-50,180,0&FORMAT=image/png&width=400&height=300&styles&FEATURE_COUNT=2
>
> Now, this will only ever query the first layer, it will never pick up
> multiple layers, no matter how many we put in the LAYERS or QUERY_LAYERS
> fields, or no matter how high our FEATURE_COUNT var is. All we ever get is
> the first layer, and other 'features' which are close in proximity (lat/lon)
> to the point selected within the same layer.

Matt,

I presume this is a flaw in my implementation of raster query.  I would
appreciate your filing a ticket with a small, easy to reproduce test case
for me.  ie. a map file with two small raster files as layers, and
the mapserv url (like above) to invoke the request.  Assign the ticket
directly to me (warmerdam).

Best regards,