[mapserver-users] Raster problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 18 09:06:49 EDT 2008

David Martinez Morata wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm new in Mapserver, and after testing and testing, searching and
> searching... I have a problem!
>
> I'm doing a map file with two raster layers. I defines the MAXSACLe and
> MINSCALE for this layers but at the end i have a white screen :S
>
> What I'm doing wrong? It's possible to create a raster based map with
> diferent raster levels for teh same area?(I think yes but i couldn't do
> it :S)
> Thanks for teh answers

David,

Yes, this is possible but a white (presumably empty) map can be caused
by many things.

First, ensure that each layer is working without minscale/maxscale settings.
Then make sure you set minscale/maxscale such that one or the other layer is
always going to be enabled.

It would be helpful for you to post the layer definition for the two layers
in question.  It is also helpful to have some understanding of what does
work, and what issues you have ruled out.

Debugging a map file is a logical process, just like debugging a program.

Best regards,