[mapserver-users] MapServer logs

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Fri Apr 18 09:38:47 EDT 2008

P Kishor wrote:

> I want MapServer to write every call that it makes to the database via
> OGR. So, I added the following line to my map file
>   WEB
> ..
>     LOG "/Users/punkish/Sites/sqlitegis/tmp/ms.log"
>   END

IIRC, LOG only logs some info on the mapserv request status at the end
of its execution. I don't use it much and don't know much about it.

To get debugging output, with MapServer 5.0+, set:

   CONFIG "MS_ERRORFILE" "/Users/punkish/Sites/sqlitegis/tmp/ms.log"

... and then set DEBUG level (ON, or number between 1 and 5) at the
top-level in the mapfile and in each layer for which you want debugging
output.

More details are available in RFC-28:

   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-28

Daniel