[mapserver-users] WMS with selected country rectangle box display?

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Mon Apr 21 04:42:19 EDT 2008

Hi there,

we have developed a WMS which receives a parameter for a selected
country, producing a map which highlights the selected country, and
masks a bit the neighboring ones. Now, I would like to create in
conjunction with this one another WMS, which shows the world as a
whole, and - as any overview map is doing - displays just a rectangle
to locate the selected country on the map.

Is this possible as WMS? I have no idea how this would work...

Thanks for any hints,

Stef