[mapserver-users] Large scale PDF output on Windows

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Wed Apr 23 07:30:12 EDT 2008

I'm trying to generate pdf output from mapserver to be printed in A3
format at 600 dpi (which is not negotiable). We're currently using the
5.0.2 binary from ms4w, which has a limitation of 2048 px square. I have
calculated I need 9921 by 7015 px output.

Before I prostrate myself before the altar and make sacrifices to the
gods of compiling-mapserver-on-windows, can anybody confirm that output
of this size is indeed possible? The only thing I can find through
Google is this post from Ed McNierney - four and a half years old:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0309/msg00417.html

\\kristian
--
... et nemo ex vobis interrogat me: »Quo vadis?«