[mapserver-users] Large scale PDF output on Windows

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Wed Apr 23 07:44:46 EDT 2008

There is MAXSIZE for this on the MAP object:

MAXSIZE [integer]
    Sets the maximum size of the map image. This will override the default
value. For example, setting this to 2048 means that you can have up to 2048
pixels in both dimensions (i.e. max of 2048x2048).

Wrt resource issues, we have seen Masperver fail (internal server errors)
on such big images depending on the dataset. For instance with aerial
photography (ECW) I've run into resource issues in the past. Sometimes the
limit was a bit below 10.000 pixels, sometimes 15.000 went fine. It all
depends how lucky you are :-)

Best regards,
Bart

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0309/msg00417.html