[mapserver-users] Postgres library

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Thu Apr 24 09:18:43 EDT 2008

Daniel,

This might help for problems with selinux and apache:

http://beginlinux.com/index.php/server_training/web-server/117-web-server/976-apache-and-selinux

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.

             Daniel Morissette
             <dmorissette at mapg
             ears.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
             mapserver-users-b                                          cc
             ounces at lists.osge
             o.org                                                 Subject
                                       Re: [mapserver-users] Postgres
                                       library
             04/24/2008 08:27
             AM

Philippe Kruschitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just compiled Mapserver 5.0.2 from source with all needed libraries
(and postgres+postgis).
> Everything worked fine, I copied the mapserv file into my cgi-bin
directory, but mapserver only returns a blank page in the browser.

> I checked the Apache error-log, which showed following output:
>
> [Thu Apr 24 06:09:15 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]
/var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared libraries: libpq.so.5:
failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied
> [Thu Apr 24 06:09:15 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
script headers: mapserv

Are you using Fedora or RHEL 4+ by any chance? A Google search using the
error message points to lots of docs referring to SELinux getting in the
way of Apache finding its libs. Some places suggest disabling SELinux
completely, but there has to be a more elegant solution to tell SELinux
to let Apache load those new libs.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=apache+failed+to+map+segment+from+shared+object

Daniel
--