[mapserver-users] Extents and projections multiple datasets

Gail Long codeburg at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:34:43 EDT 2008

I need some good pointers to docs or how-tos for working with extents and projections from multiple datasets.  I'm getting shape files from several different sources and they all seem to have different projections and built on lots of different extents.  I need to have them work together.

I'm defining a projection for the map and the same projection in each layer definition of my map file:

  PROJECTION
    "proj=lcc"
    "lon_0=90w"
    "lat_0=45"
  END

I'm picking what I believe to be the largest extents.  Is this the right way to go?  I don't really understand how these go together.  I never have any trouble when the dataset is from one source.

I would appreciate any advice.

--

Things are only difficult while you don't understand them.