[mapserver-users] Open source metadata tools/alternatives

Steven De Vriendt gisaalter at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:24:21 EDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to turn this question to the Mapserver community as it is
a community which
will be involved in writing/keeping metadata. I would like to know if
there are tools
available to maintain metadata. I know Mapserver is a means to serve/retrieve
spatial data layers, but I woudl like to know how do you keep guys
keep metadata.
Serving data is one thing, but keeping track of the metadata (source,
quality, accuracy,...)
is another.
I would like to know if there are open-source  tools available which
allow me to write/keep
metadata in accordance to the standards that are out there.

Thanks
Steven