[mapserver-users] MapServer Animation Examples of Pipeline Flow?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Aug 2 14:52:55 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 12:06:37PM -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
> What won't work is rendering the entire map image each time; that would
> go from eye-catching to mind-numbing pretty fast. So is there a way with
> MapServer to display a map base, but allow for objects to be "floated"
> on top in such away that I don't have to re-render the the entire map
> each time? (like an AJAX tool for mapserver?)

"An AJAX Tool for MapServer" is probably best solved by OpenLayers.

  http://openlayers.org/

The closest thing I can think of to 'flowing' in our examples is:

  http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/rotate-features.html

But I know that others have done things like flight tracking with
OpenLayers as well.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt