[mapserver-users] Shp file creation.

Νίκος Παπαδάκης nipapada at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:07:17 EDT 2008

Hello to everyone.
I want to ask about something that i have asked before
but i could not find a solution.
I have measured coordinates of some points in a city and i want
to render them with mapserver.
I have created a csv file with these values..

LONGITUTE,LATITUDE,DESCRIPTION,ADDRESS
22.561867,39.215857,Φοιτητική Λέσχη,null
22.57267,39.212835,"Πανεπιστήμιο Θεσσαλιας,Κτήριο Παπαστράτος.",argonautwn
22.57070,39.212690,Caf?-Bar Drops.,argonautwn
22.565973,39.212715,Flocafe,argonautwn
22.565865,39.212754,Reef,argonautwn
22.565830,39.212776,Jam,argonautwn

.    .    .    .    .    .    .    .
.    .    .    .    .    .    .    .
.    .    .    .    .    .    .    .

Then i ue a program found here (
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Programming/Other-Programming-Files/CSV-to-Shapefile-Converter.shtml
)
to create the .shp, .shx and .dbf files.
But as i said before i can get no points on the map.
I have some other point data and they work just fine.
So i guess the problem isn't in the map file but in the data.

Can anyone find the problem?

Thank you all for your time!
Nikos Papadakis.
Univercity of Thessaly.