[MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver bug when generating a tiled map with MapFish

Pierre-Benoit Besse besse.pb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:26:32 EDT 2008

Unfortunately there is no connection to internet on the platform I develop
on. All is done localy.

I will try to be more precise.
I am trying to display a shapefile representing the whole world (it's a
shapefile from Global Insight plus if it helps). I use mapfish without
'singleTile: true' so the layer is generated by tiles.

There is no problem in the beggining when the map is zoomed to max extent.

The problem occurs when I begin zooming in and trying to display
America/Asia. One of the "colums" of tiles is drawn across the -180°/+180°
longitude line, and those tiles are generated entirely blank (white, not
even transparent).

When I get the properties of the image (right-click on the blank tile ->
Properties) and I search in the "Location" of the image I can find :
mapext=179.296875+44.296875+*225.703125*
+90.703125&imgext=179.296875+44.296875+*225.703125*+90.703125
So I guess the problem comes from that, MapServer doesn't recognise
longitude greater than 180 or lower than -180.
If I'm right I would appreciate any hint on how to handle this...

Otherwise it may be a mapfish issue, maybe mapfish should always generate
tiles with borders right on -180 / +180. This is the case at the beggining,
lef tile has mapext=90+0+180+90 and right tile has mapext=-180+0+-90+90.
But whenever I begin zooming in it goes awry, the border of tiles is no
longer right on -180/+180 and some tiles are generated white by MapServer.

If someone needs more informations I'm ready to give it.

Best regards,

PB