[mapserver-users] [metadata_meta data key] not available in header template?

Ei Fujioka efujioka at duke.edu
Mon Aug 11 12:03:51 EDT 2008

Dear experts,

I'm writing HTML templates that are processed as a result of a query.
According to the document,
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/templatereference/templatereference/view

[metadata_meta data key] can be used to insert layer metadata like
[metadata_wms_title].

This is true for the template but it seems it is not available in a
header template.

What I want to do is to insert layer's title in the header.
[cl] could be used but it's a layer ID in my system (e.g. "dataset1")
and I want to show a human-friendly name (e.g. "Observations of
humpback"), which is in metadata (title and wms_title).

I tried [[cl]_wms_title] but obviously Mapserver can't recognize nested
substitutions. Also I can't use [layername_meta data key] (e.g.
[dataset1_wms_title], which works fine in a header template) as layers
are variable.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Ei