[mapserver-users] Connection to Mysql 5.0

Νίκος Παπαδάκης nipapada at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:59:49 EDT 2008

Hello to everyone!

i have a problem in implementing the example i found in
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogrmysql.
I want to project some points on the map.
I have created the .ovf file and the database i want to access with some
appropriate data.
I have also created a user and granted it with all privileges.
(GRANT ALL ON 'dbase_name'.* to 'user'@localhost identified by 'password');

When i use command prompt to connect to mysql with ogrinfo.exe
everything goes fine!
(ogrinfo.exe -al
MYSQL:my_db,user='user',password='password',host=localhost,port=3306,tables=points;).
The results i get are information about the table contained in database
and the contents of the selected table.

Next i run  ogrinfo.exe -al /path/to/ovf_file.ovf   and again i get the
result i expected..
(except from the warning
"ERROR 4: Update access not supported fow VRT datasources
Had to open data source in read-only" which is fine according to the
example!).

But when i use the .ovf file through the .map file ,and after a few
seconds,i get the message :

  /Internal Server Error/

/The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
unable to complete your request./

/Please contact the server administrator, admin at local.domain and inform
them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error./

/More information about this error may be available in the server error
log./

Can anyone help me becuse i'm stuck with this.
Is it preferable to access mysql with php\mapscript instead?

And if yes,is there any informative tutorial???

Thank you in advance!
Nikos Papadakis.