[MAPSERVER-USERS] Problems calculating MAXSCALES

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Aug 13 15:26:07 EDT 2008

It's likely the desktop product you're using uses a different pixel model than MapServer's
center-to-center model. The code in 4.8.3 was incorrect so I'm not sure what we can
do. A WMS extent simply isn't equal to a MapServer extent. The MapServer WMS and WCS
code account for the difference between the MapServer and OGC models by transforming
between models (shrink or expand by .5 pixels).

My opinion is that you adjust the reference scales in your mapfile based on the now correct
output from 5.0.2.

Steve

<f3b73b7d0808130707r2df2aeeg826ed5f07dbc033a at mail.gmail.com>, "Tamas Szekeres"