[mapserver-users] Re WFS server error. Incomplete WFS request:SERVICE parameter missing

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Aug 14 10:00:31 EDT 2008

I have created a ticket for this issue and will try to look into it today:

BTW, I don't think this is directly related to ticket #2351... the fix
for 2531 might fix this as well, but this issue may have been introduced
by some changes to the WFS support in MapServer 5.2.0.

Daniel

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> Hi Derek,
>
> I think the appropriate ticket to watch is:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2531
>
> you can add yourself to the cc if you have an OSGEO Trac account.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
>> Thanks Bart
>>
>> That works within a URL in a browser, all I have to do is to modify the
>> source code for world wind and add a temp fix until a patch is issued for
>> Mapserver. How do I know when Mapserver has been updated?
>>
>> Again many thanks
>>
>> Derek

>>> layers=DEPCNT&
>>> TRANSPARENT=TRUE&
>>> BGCOLOR=0xFF00FF&
>>> map=d:/MyTestData/Shapes.map&
>>> srs=EPSG:4326&
>>> width=512&
>>> height=512&
>>> bbox=-81.5625,25.3125,-78.75,28.125&
>>> format=image/png&
>>> version=1.1.1&

>>> xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1" version="1.1.1"
>>> xml:lang="en-US" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1
>>> http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd">
>>>   <ows:Exception exceptionCode="service"
>>> locator="MissingParameterValue">
>>>     <ows:ExceptionText>msWFSDispatch(): WFS server error. Incomplete WFS
>>> request: SERVICE parameter missing</ows:ExceptionText>
>>>   </ows:Exception>
>>> </ows:ExceptionReport>
>>>
>>> GET
>>> /cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?request=GetMap&layers=DEPCNT&TRANSPARENT=TRUE&BGCOLOR=0xFF00FF&map=d:/SeeTrack_Missions/MyTestData/Shapes.map&srs=EPSG:4326&width=512&height=512&bbox=-84.375,25.3125,-81.5625,28.125&format=image/png&version=1.1.1&styles=
>>> HTTP/1.1
>>> Pack 3, en-GB)
>>> Host: localhost:8082
>>>

>>> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>> Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 08:47:24 GMT
>>> Server: Apache/2.2.9 (Win32)
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>>> <ows:ExceptionReport
>>> xmlns:ows="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1" version="1.1.1"
>>> xml:lang="en-US" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows/1.1
>>> http://schemas.opengis.net/ows/1.1.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd">
>>>   <ows:Exception exceptionCode="service"
>>> locator="MissingParameterValue">
>>>     <ows:ExceptionText>msWFSDispatch(): WFS server error. Incomplete WFS
>>> request: SERVICE parameter missing</ows:ExceptionText>
>>>   </ows:Exception>
>>> </ows:ExceptionReport>
>>>
>>> Send instant messages to your online friends
>>> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/