[mapserver-users] How to display vector symbols (direction and magnitude) in MapServer?

John Maurer maurerj at nsidc.org
Thu Aug 14 17:42:49 EDT 2008

Dear MapServer Users,
Does anybody have experience displaying vectors in MapServer? By
"vectors", I don't mean the usual vector vs. raster difference. What I
mean is displaying data like wind vectors, which are point locations
that have both a direction (degrees) and magnitude (e.g. meters per
second). Usually these are displayed as arrows, which each point in a
certain direction and whose tails vary in length depending on the
magnitude each measurement. Is this possible in MapServer? Thanks for
any suggestions!
Best Regards,
John Maurer

--