[MAPSERVER-USERS] epsg code for 'UTM 43 North'

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Tue Aug 19 13:01:01 EDT 2008

Ritesh Ambastha wrote:
> How can I calculate exact EPSG code for the date projected in 'UTM 43 North'

The UTM codes, the ones I've used anyway, all start with 267 or 269,
then the zone. 267 for NAD27 and 269 for WGS84/NAD83

So I would suspect yours to be 26743 or 26943

You'd want to check PROJ's EPSG file to verify it, though:
/usr/share/proj/epsg

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth, BS, A+
System Administrator

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA