[mapserver-users] Corrupt image output (solved?)

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 20 10:14:44 EDT 2008

Hello again,

I think I found the cause of my problem - on my server (where I had
preprocessed all of my imagery), I have libgeotiff-1.2.4 installed from
the F8 repositories.  On my laptop I had libgeotiff-1.2.3 installed from
source.  I upgraded my laptop to libgeotiff-1.2.4 (I tried 1.2.5, but it
didn't compile for me), and recompiled gdal and mapserver.  Now it seems
that imagery renders okay (after some quick tests).  I didn't realize I
had different libgeotiff library versions...but it also hadn't occurred
to me that a GeoTiff dataset might be incompatible with different
versions of libgeotiff.

So should I maybe close the ticket that I opened earlier today?

Mike