[mapserver-users] Display a map in lower detail

Marte Raphael Y. Soliza myrtactle at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 09:32:19 EDT 2008

Is it possible in Mapscript to display a map in lower "detail"? For example,
I have a shape file whose boundary polygons are so detailed, that when
viewed from a low zoom factor, the edges are not smooth because of lots of
points in the boundaries. My objective is to display them with less detail
(i.e. less points) so that the edges will be smooth, without effectively
ruining the shape of the map.

If it is not built-in in Mapscript, do you know of a utility/algorithm that
can do the above conversion?