[mapserver-users] LINE layer on small scales

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Mon Dec 1 05:15:21 EST 2008

Hi!

I have bunch of linestrings I want to show in one layer. Each linestring
should show up as a line on large scales and as a symbol on small
scales, because on the small scales the lines are too short to see.

I know how to do this with two layers: One LINE layer and one POINT
layer with the same underlying data.

But I'd rather do this in one layer and use different CLASSes for the
different scales. But when I do this the symbols keep disappearing on
smaller scales, I guess because the linestrings get so short that
Mapserver decides to not draw them at all.

Can this be done? Any ideas?

Jochen