[mapserver-users] Compile errors with 5.2.1 on Centos 5.2 x64

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Fri Dec 5 16:35:36 EST 2008

Sigh,
      One of the joys of email lists is that your ignorance  and undue
haste is displayed for  all to see.  In this case Mapserver 5.2.1 compiled
correctly , the "skipping incompatible" messages were just warnings that
the compiler was correctly skipping the 32bit libraries installed and using
the 64 bit libraries.  Sorry for the noise.

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.

             Doug_Newcomb at fws.
             gov
             mapserver-users-b         mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
             ounces at lists.osge                                          cc
             o.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [mapserver-users] Compile errors
             12/04/2008 10:15          with 5.2.1 on Centos 5.2 x64
             AM

Hi Folks,
      I'm having a bit of trouble compiling mapserver 5.2.1 on a Centos 5.2
x64 box.  Sorry for the long post, just trying to be complete.
Doug

Configuration Options and Output
---------------------------------

./configure --without-tiff  --without-eppl --without-jpeg  --with-threads
--with-proj  --with-gdal=/usr/local/bin  --with-php=/usr/include/php
--with-gd  --with-freetype=/usr/bin --with-ogr --with-gdal
--with-wmsclient --with-wfs --with-wfs-client --with-postgis --with-geos

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -lfl
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for bison... bison -y
checking if compiler supports -R... no
checking if compiler supports -Wl,-rpath,... yes
checking for exp in -lm... yes
checking for __gxx_personality_v0 in -lstdc++... yes
checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strrstr... no
checking for strlcat... no
checking for vsnprintf... yes
MapServer Version from mapserver.h: '5.2.1'
checking if pkg-config path is provided... checking for pkg-config...
/usr/bin/pkg-config
configure: checking where FreeType 2.x is installed...
        using libfreetype from -lfreetype
checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... yes
        using libfreetype -lfreetype from system libs.
configure: checking where Zlib is installed...
checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
        using libz from system libs (-DUSE_ZLIB).
configure: checking where PNG is installed...
checking for png_init_io in -lpng... yes
        using libpng from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include JPEG support...
        disabled by --without-jpeg
checking for jpeg_read_header in -ljpeg... yes
        using libjpeg from system libs.
configure: checking where libXpm is installed...
checking for XpmFreeXpmImage in -lXpm... yes
        using libXpm from system libs.
configure: checking where libiconv is installed...
checking for iconv_open in -lc... yes
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
checking for iconv_open in -liconv... no
        using libiconv from system libs.
        libiconv found. Enabling internationalization (-DUSE_ICONV)
configure: checking for GD 2.0.16 or higher...
checking for gdFontCacheSetup in -lgd... yes
        using libgd 2.0.16 (or higher) from system libs (-L/usr/lib64 -lgd
-ljpeg -lfreetype -lpng -lz -lXpm -lX11 ).
checking for gdImageCreate in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageGif in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageJpeg in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageWBMP in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageStringFT in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageOpenPolygon in -lgd... yes
checking for gdImageGifPtr in -lgd... yes
checking for gdFontGetTiny in -lgd... yes
        using GD ( -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG -DUSE_GD_WBMP
-DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_FTEX_XSHOW -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR
-DGD_HAS_GETBITMAPFONTS) from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include PDF support...
checking for PDF_setlinewidth in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_setrgbcolor in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_moveto in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_curveto in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_show_xy in -lpdf... no
checking for PDF_load_font in -lpdf... no
        libpdf not found or too old... PDF support not included.
checking if AGG support requested... no
checking if RGBA palette png support requested... no
configure: checking whether we should include EPPL7 support...
        disabled by --without-eppl
configure: checking whether we should include PROJ.4 support...
checking for pj_init in -lproj... yes
checking for pj_transform in -lproj... yes
        using PROJ.4 from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include thread safe support...
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
        using -lpthread from system libs.
configure: checking whether we should include ESRI SDE support...
        ESRI SDE support not requested.
checking if GEOS support requested... yes
checking for geos-config... /usr/local/bin/geos-config
checking for GEOS version >= 2.2.2... yes. Found version 3.0.3
configure: checking whether we should include OGR support...
checking for gdal-config... /usr/local/bin/gdal-config
        OGR enabled (-DUSE_OGR).
checking if GDAL support requested... yes
configure: checking whether we should include TIFF support...
        disabled by --without-tiff
checking if PostGIS support requested... yes
checking for pg_config... no
checking if MyGIS support requested... no
checking if OracleSpatial support requested... no
checking if MING/Flash support requested... no
configure: checking whether we should include WMS Server support...
        OGC WMS compatibility enabled (-DUSE_WMS_SVR).
configure: checking whether we should include WFS Server support...
        OGC WFS Server support enabled (-DUSE_WFS_SVR).
configure: checking whether we should include WCS Server support...
        OGC WCS Server support not requested.
configure: checking whether we should include WMS Client Connections
support...
configure: checking whether we should include WFS Client Connections
support...
configure: checking whether we should include OGC SOS Server support...
        OGC SOS Server support not requested.
checking for curl-config... checking for curl-config...
/usr/bin/curl-config
        found libcurl version 7.15.5
        OGC WMS Client Connections enabled (-DUSE_WMS_LYR).
checking for libxml2... libxml2 not required.
checking if FriBidi support requested... no
checking FastCGI support... not requested.
configure: checking HTTPD server (Apache) version...
checking for httpd... /usr/sbin/httpd
        /usr/sbin/httpd version is Apache/2.2.3 (2002003).
        Your system is apparently running Apache/2.2.3.  Setting stderr to
non-blocking for msDebug() due to Apache 2.x bug (see MapServer bug 458 or
Apache bug 22030).
Compiling with fast MS_NINT
checking compiler warnings... basic
configure: checking whether we should enable debug features...
configure: checking for PHP/MapScript module options...
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
checking for location of config.h or php_config.h...
/usr/include/php/main/php_config.h
checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
checking whether we should use PHP's regex... yes
        found regex_extra.h - building PHP MapScript with PHP's bundled
regex
        PHP/MapScript module configured.
checking if --enable-runpath requested... no
checking if --with-java-include-os-name specified... no, autodetected linux
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/php3/Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/java/Makefile
config.status: creating mapscript/csharp/Makefile

MapServer is now configured for