[mapserver-users] agg support and accents umlauts

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 03:57:50 EST 2008

> On Solaris truetype fonts aren't included by default but have to be
> installed manually as well.
> And I didn't find much end user documentation on the internet dealing
> with installing and configuring mapserver with agg support at all. (I
> doubt that many users have got it to work or let alone use it in
> production). The ticket was the only thing that pointed me to the cause
> of the problem.
> Maybe things are easier to set up on the win32 Platform but I doubt it.
> IMHO, building mapserver with agg support is really a task for the
> advanced  and patient admins, or do-it-yourself end-users.

I think mapserver is rarely built by end users on win32 platforms. As
for the problems you point out on solaris, having done this myself,
I'd say the difficulty is building any opensource stack on that
platform rather than specifically mapserver. Getting it done on on the
more open *nix's is rarely a problem.

> I think these are issues that should be included in the call for
> feedback on the documentation effort that was mentioned in another mail
> on this list, a few hours ago.

patches and contributions gratefully accepted

--
thomas