[mapserver-users] Difference in appearance between "mode=map" andWMS

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Mon Dec 8 17:33:29 EST 2008

Roger: you can use MapScript WxS http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wxs_mapscript as an approach to run a WMS request via mapscript.  Maybe that can work for you?

..Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: mapserver-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of Roger André
Sent: Mon 08-Dec-08 16:21
To: Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Cc: mapserver-users at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] Difference in appearance between "mode=map" andWMS

Hi Julien,

That makes sense, but it doesn't work.  I modified my mapfile so that I now
generate a 20_deg x 20_deg tile that is 600_pixels x 600_pixels.  If I
georeference that image using the extents, I still get incorrect placement.
Maybe if I choose an output projection which always has square pixels, like
spherical mercator (?) this will work.  I'll give it a shot.

Is there any way to give a WMS request via mapscript and NOT go through CGI?

Roger