[mapserver-users] RE: Scalebar vs Numeric scale

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon Dec 8 21:09:20 EST 2008

Maybe someone better informed than me can answer. Is it possible to find out the resolution of the monitor using Javascript? Maybe you can then send the mapserv.exe CGI executable a parameter:

&RESOLUTION+72

or something.

see:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches/branch-5-0/mapserver/MIGRATION_GUIDE.TXT

Cheers,

Robert

>>> "Rui Gomes" <ruijgomes at gmail.com> 9/12/2008 3:05 p.m. >>>
Thanks Robert...

The problem are the resolution as you say. I add the line (RESOLUTION
96) and now the scales match.

But if a user have a diferent resolution? We can know his resolution
monitors and them change the line???

--
                                      Rui Gomes

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.