[mapserver-users] MapServer + WFS restrictions

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Dec 9 09:26:06 EST 2008

Hi There,

  I did a quick test and wfs_maxfeatures is working as expected with
latest mapserver. How are you specifying it? something like this in the
web metadata should work "wfs_maxfeatures" "8". Note that you do not
need this metadata for the wfs maxfeatures parameter to work.

  wfs_extent is a metadata used at the layer level and setting it at the
web level would not have any effect.

  Please refer to docs (http://mapserver.maptools.org/ogc/wfs_server.html)

Assefa

Francisco Arrebola Pascual wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to restrict at server-side level the wfs requests. This means
> that I want to configure my mapserver to restrict for example the
> extension of a request or the number of features returned. I tried it
> using wfs_maxfeatures and wfs_extent properties of the METADATA field in
> .map file, but it does not work if I put parameters bbox, and
> maxfeatures in the request.
> Anybody knows what can I do?
> Thanks, and sorry about my poor English :p

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: assefa at dmsolutions.ca
http://www.dmsolutions.ca/