[mapserver-users] how to throw a custom ExceptionReport

Kralidis,Tom [Ontario] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Wed Dec 10 15:15:30 EST 2008

Looks like Charlton wants to show the ExceptionText from a remote WMS's
service exception.

I'm not sure you can do this as it stands right now without some custom
work.  Options/comments:

- you'd have to ensure the remote WMS support application/vnd.ogc.se_xml
- can you catch an error when doing a remote WMS request from the
mapscript object model?

Others may have better ideas.

Having said this, I think this would be a valuable enhancement to the
codebase, i.e. allowing to show cascaded ExceptionReport XML.  The
ExceptionReport XML model allows for multiplicitity of Exception
elements, so we could stack these to show the generic MapServer error,
as well as the cascaded, say, WMS Exception/ExceptionText.

..Tom